Last Gambit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in

The Enemy Within

Go down 
+13
Rulez
Hybrid
Ezeekiel Foxe
Edna
Crystal Bloomfield
Fritz Bloomfield
Desmond Deathwalker
Carry Foxe
Meredith Sulez
Ettimay Sulez
Tully Unerth
The Imposter
Mer
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Desmond Deathwalker

Desmond Deathwalker

Species: : Trydein / Blackfire Dark Lord
Personality : Protective, Anxious, Bohemian

Character Sheet
Power Level:
The Enemy Within - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue99/100The Enemy Within - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (99/100)
Alignment: Fighter

The Enemy Within - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Enemy Within   The Enemy Within - Page 4 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 11:36 pm

Desmond:

Lady Foxe eyes Mer up and down briefly before looking outside the window.

(Zorra): (("Zorra"))

They're in the fields... Maybe I should set fire to it. If I don't there might not be anyone left to eat it anyway. Robots probably don't need organic matter...

I roll down the window which makes everything louder. Zorra covers her sensitive ears.

I stick my head out and feel the rush of wind wiping past. I reach out with my left hand and start shooting out a hellfire to set their corn fields ablaze.

I don't know if they'll even still be there. They could be anywhere fighting by now... But I guess Mer should get stuff for protection and weapons.

(("Sure."))

I try to think about what I need to do. Maybe I should try to take down the shield? People are trapped inside with that madman, whether they know he's one now or not.

(("After we get supplied up and maybe get reinforcements. I'm gonna take a crack at the shield. Maybe I can overload it with electricity or something."))
Back to top Go down
Mer

Mer

PostSubject: Re: The Enemy Within   The Enemy Within - Page 4 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 12:42 am

Mer:

Zorra..

I commit that name to memory as Desmond starts setting fire to the fields.

I watch his self sufficiency a bit jealous as he agrees to my idea about the weapons and the barn... I think?

To my surprise Desmond suggests having a go at the shield instead.

"Why the shield?"

I ask loudly over the noise.

Isn't that whats protecting whoever's inside??
Back to top Go down
Desmond Deathwalker

Desmond Deathwalker

Character Sheet
Power Level:
The Enemy Within - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue99/100The Enemy Within - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (99/100)

PostSubject: Re: The Enemy Within   The Enemy Within - Page 4 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 12:58 am

Desmond:

Zorra looks between us equally curious about why the shield should go down.

(("Well, who knows what cazy Bash is doing to everyone trapped inside?"))

My thoughts go to some weird nonconsensual blinding light orgy.

(Zorra): (("Perhaps focus should be on the enemies outside it first?

I frown. If it was them wouldn't they want to be saved from crazy Sebastian?

(Zorra): (("Those inside might be fine. We don't know what's going on in there."))

Then if that's the case they can stop being lazy. I think to myself. My thoughts briefly drifting to Flynn's words.

People turned on me and didn't help. If they don't want to help me then at least they should help themselves.

(("Either way, if they're trapped in trouble or not, whatever the case, the people inside should help with the people on the outside."))

I poke my head back in through the window to try to hear better and see the reflection of Zorra turn to look at Mer in the rearview mirror.

I bet she thinks Mer might be 'more rational' than a guy who spent time in the funny farm, I briefly think bitterly.
Back to top Go down
Mer

Mer

PostSubject: Re: The Enemy Within   The Enemy Within - Page 4 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 1:43 am

Mer:

I try to get over my denial and stay focused.

"If you take down the shield, he may retaliate. Do you feel confident enough to face him again?" 

He was really hurt last time.

I wasn't sure how helpful Zorra would be and I didn't want to assume her involvement as she did not seem overly eager about the plan herself.

Desmond points out that the people on the inside should also be able to help with what is going on outside the shield.

Zorra looks at me and I look down for a moment trying to think.

"Whatever madness is going on right now.. our best chances at survival are together. If there is a way we can contact or even get through to those on the other side of the shield we must take it. Whether they are in trouble or not, we can't possibly handle the battle outside on our own."
Back to top Go down
Desmond Deathwalker

Desmond Deathwalker

Character Sheet
Power Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Enemy Within   The Enemy Within - Page 4 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 2:11 am

Desmond:

Mer brings up a good point.

"....Well.... No..."

The guy bends blood, makes walls out of thin air and he's a Starker god! How can anybody be able to be confident against that?

...But I got to try...

"I'll.. look for sunglasses or something... So he can't blind me again."

Unless he can... Burst my eyeball vessels... Eeesh... I grimace at the thought.

(Zorra): "I can at least get lab safety goggles."

Well, it wouldn't help with the brightness if there is more but it's better then anything. Besides I can just smoke out the area again I suppose. Which would be better anyway if I can avoid his line of sight.

Maybe I can find the ruby thing and merge him back. Maybe he'll be less.. concentrated crazy that way... Though I don't know how the rubyeye works... Err... Maybe Morgue will be around or something... If I can even find it... Or him... There are a lot of steps here to go through. One problem at a time.

Maybe two Bashs would be even better than one during the fight with whatever else is going of if they aren't affiliated with him. The crazy one claimed we weren't enemies anyway. Maybe they could help wipe out the enemy first and then deal with what comes later.

I nod and drum on the seat and give a single clap when Mer goes along with the reasoning.

Zorra looks back out the window.

(Zorra): "Very well."
Back to top Go down
Klaus Sulez

Klaus Sulez

Personality : Polite, Tempermental
Home Base : Tunnels

Character Sheet
Power Level:
The Enemy Within - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Enemy Within - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Alignment: Lost

PostSubject: Re: The Enemy Within   The Enemy Within - Page 4 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 10:53 am

Klaus:

I barely escape when the whole bloody field is set on fire!

I follow the Box of Toys from the Derry and Tom's all in a tither before FINALLY catching scent of my young sister.

*Flashes after van before jumping and landing hard on its roof.*

What strange captors?

I think bemused to myself before popping over the side and looking in to see Meredith.

What?

*She jumps a bit startled *

(Mer) "You again?!?"

*Sniffs the air like a FREAK.*

"How....? Are you human?!?!"

*Teleports inside the van to join the party.*
Back to top Go down
Desmond Deathwalker

Desmond Deathwalker

Character Sheet
Power Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Enemy Within   The Enemy Within - Page 4 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:06 pm

Desmond:

Zorra and I jump at a loud thump noise above. I duck my head and peer up at the ceiling warily.

Bash's friend peers over the side.

"Oh... You..." Eyes Klaus.

Zorra scents the air skeptically, but only gets the masking cologne and smoke.

(Zorra): "Hmm.."

Klaus' question though... Was... Was Blythe not Blythe when he had her trapped?... Or did he just mean Bash's Mer?.. Maybe he saw her since he and the king are such good friends.

I frown and move over annoyed when he gets in.

(Zorra): "Yes, she's alive and she's not an android. None of us are."

"Did Bash make you any clones?"

Peers at Klaus skeptically.

"Or were you not invited to his weirdness since you're not in his bubble?"

Maybe he wasn't cause he tried to lock up his sister!!

So many possibilities...
Back to top Go down
Mer

Mer

PostSubject: Re: The Enemy Within   The Enemy Within - Page 4 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 10:12 pm

Mer:

(Klaus) *Blinks.* "Say what now?"

Klaus (just Klaus) looks on confused at everyone's responses.

"Are you a clone or Boron bot Klaus?"

I ask him a bit snippy.

(Klaus) "Neither, but please, do enlighten me with some context. Bash is making clones?"

He squints and sniffs at me again.

(Klaus) "I was out with my sister... or at least I thought I was. Got separated, thought I found her."

He turns back to look at the group in confusion.
Back to top Go down
Desmond Deathwalker

Desmond Deathwalker

Character Sheet
Power Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Enemy Within   The Enemy Within - Page 4 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 10:23 pm

Desmond:

Squints at him wondering if he's playing stupid or not. His weird human comment when he arrived and his whole rumored friendship with Sebastian.

"You were just 'out'. With your sister. On today of all days?"

Yeah, I find that hard to believe.

"And let yourself get separated?"
Back to top Go down
Russia

Russia

PostSubject: Re: The Enemy Within   The Enemy Within - Page 4 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 10:39 pm

Russia:

I was SPENT.

My feet hurt, the mushrooms wore off now all I gotta do is find my-

I GASP at the empty spot where my VAN should be.

Its gone?!?!

All there was left now was this small kingdom car.

Ugghhhhhhhh.....

I get inside and start my journy back to the city.

Things were getting LOUD and the weirdos were out (orcs) so I thought it time to get back to the apartment.

Maybe Mer and Des are already there?

I think to myself before squinting my eyes REAL hard and noticing something.

MY VAN!

*Speeds up real fast before honking my horn ON REPEAT to get the STONER to pull over.* Wink
Back to top Go down
Klaus Sulez

Klaus Sulez

Personality : Polite, Tempermental
Home Base : Tunnels

Character Sheet
Power Level:
The Enemy Within - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Enemy Within - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Alignment: Lost

PostSubject: Re: The Enemy Within   The Enemy Within - Page 4 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 10:43 pm

Klaus:

I open my mouth to respond to that but before I could answer a horn sounds behind us honking on repeat.

"Oof they sound angry."

I flash a devilish sort of grin at the interuption.
Back to top Go down
Zorra Foxe

Zorra Foxe

Species: : Lycan / Frugiferentis
Personality : Eccentric, Peevish, Antagonistic, Conflicted, Pugnacious, Distant
Home Base : Harvestman Ranch

Character Sheet
Power Level:
The Enemy Within - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue50/100The Enemy Within - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (50/100)
Alignment: Survivor

PostSubject: Re: The Enemy Within   The Enemy Within - Page 4 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 11:20 pm

Zorra:

Des glares at Klaus.

(("Des, be a dear and open the van's rear door."))

Des looks to me confused as I maneuver my way out of the passenger seat to the van compartment.

"It appears we have a guest."

Desmond does as he's told and I give Klaus a strong shove with my lycan strength, hoping to push him out the door and get smacked into the car behind us.

His smugness and smell was annoying me.
Back to top Go down
Mer

Mer

PostSubject: Re: The Enemy Within   The Enemy Within - Page 4 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 11:36 pm

Mer:

Zorra pushes Klaus right out the back of the moving vehicle.

I smile and have to hold back a laugh because what she did was actually sort of bad.

I turn around a bit concerned now.

The driver behind us swerves and slams on the breaks to a complete stop.

Is that?

"Hold up guys that's Russia!"

I stop and pull over.

Last edited by Mer on Thu May 09, 2024 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Desmond Deathwalker

Desmond Deathwalker

Character Sheet
Power Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Enemy Within   The Enemy Within - Page 4 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 11:52 pm

Desmond:

I peer over.

"Hey, yeah it is."

Meredith's got a good eye.

Waves at her.

"Sup!"

*Zorra has no interest in whoever 'Russia' is but notices something else.

(Zorra): "The shield is down."

I peer over where is should be.

"...Oh."

Well less energy for me to spend on that then. Good.
Back to top Go down
Russia

Russia

PostSubject: Re: The Enemy Within   The Enemy Within - Page 4 EmptyThu May 09, 2024 12:05 am

Russia:

When I get out of the car, the guy that I hit had already disappeared.

Shiiiiiiittttt

I cradled my head in my hands somewhat stressed before looking over to see Mer and Desmond.

"Guys?!"

I tilt my head at them confused before rushing over and jumping into the back of the van.

"I see you like my new car?"

**Russia sits where Klaus was sitting.**

(Mer) "Oh...uhm. Sorry about that."

I do a playful wave in Desmond's direction before a fluffy white angel in the car makes a curious observation.

(Mer) "Maybe we should just... go there now?"

After a moment I finally clue in to what they were saying.

"Orrr the king is bad, everyone is bad we should all ditch?"

I laugh a bit nervously.
Back to top Go down
Desmond Deathwalker

Desmond Deathwalker

Character Sheet
Power Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Enemy Within   The Enemy Within - Page 4 EmptyThu May 09, 2024 12:24 am

Desmond:

I recognize what Russia says... I said that when I as high, didn't I? I remember that. Oh.. And I poked Tully with a stick... At least my poking didn't blow him up now that I think about it.

(Zorra): "Yes, or that." She says in agreement with Russia. "After I get my children."

"But then what?... They live to do this again to wherever we go next?" I point out.

The curse wasn't broken. Who knows how many places will even be left habitable soon? Wasn't that what that whole weird curse thing was about?
Back to top Go down
Mer

Mer

PostSubject: Re: The Enemy Within   The Enemy Within - Page 4 EmptyThu May 09, 2024 12:31 am

Mer:

"You are right Desmond. In the grand scheme of things it does not make much sense to run... but.."

I look over at our other car.

"Perhaps those of us that wish to evacuate can do so now and those that wish to proceed can stay in the van?"

I offer as a last chance opportunity to "ditch".
Back to top Go down
Desmond Deathwalker

Desmond Deathwalker

Character Sheet
Power Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Enemy Within   The Enemy Within - Page 4 EmptyThu May 09, 2024 12:52 am

Desmond:

I glance away.

"Right."

People are going to do whatever people are going to do. I think about Flynn's words along with my need to keep going and help. They felt contradictory, but that's life isn't it? Messy and blurred with nothing in neat little boxes.

I wonder if Mers going to go. It would... Make sense...

I look at her.

"Are you going to evacuate? It's... Okay if you want to. I.. Understand."
Back to top Go down
Mer

Mer

PostSubject: Re: The Enemy Within   The Enemy Within - Page 4 EmptyThu May 09, 2024 12:59 am

Mer:

I look at him and sigh.

"I probably should but.. my convictions say otherwise."

(Russia) "Yikes well.. I go where my van goes."

I turn to Zorra in pause.

"Zorra you have children to think about. There is no shame should you choose to leave."

I encourage but something tells me she did not need my encouragement if she had her mind set one way or another.
Back to top Go down
Zorra Foxe

Zorra Foxe

Species: : Lycan / Frugiferentis
Personality : Eccentric, Peevish, Antagonistic, Conflicted, Pugnacious, Distant
Home Base : Harvestman Ranch

Character Sheet
Power Level:
The Enemy Within - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue50/100The Enemy Within - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (50/100)
Alignment: Survivor

PostSubject: Re: The Enemy Within   The Enemy Within - Page 4 EmptyThu May 09, 2024 1:42 am

Zorra:

Desmond gazes at Mer solemnly, hoping she ends up okay during and after all this.

I quietly consider my children. Those living and those not.

How much of a failure I was to protect them and worse. The 'cure' deaths and the thing I made Zeek into.

I think of the Starkers. 'The King is bad'. Yes. Like father like son, no doubt. When did this kingdom not bring pain in some way?... Maybe it should just all burn. What's the point in helping it continue? Maybe it would make Carry happy. But that isn't enough.

But this is also where our farm is. Where my current offspring grow up.

Is that enough?

Without it they might have nothing else...

But at least they would be alive...

But is that worth it?.. And for how long?

I close my eyes in thought, then open them and slide my eyes over at the one speaking to me.

"Yes... My children." I reply numbly in a bored detached way.

I notice Desmond looking at me and I feel the impulse to smack his head into the window. I whack his head and turn away.

(Desmond): "Ow!" He rubs his head and glares at me. "What the hell was that for?"

"If you have to ask then you don't want to know.... I should go..."

I leave the van and get into the car.
Back to top Go down
Russia

Russia

PostSubject: Re: The Enemy Within   The Enemy Within - Page 4 EmptyThu May 09, 2024 12:30 pm

Russia:

The angel smacks Desmond on the head and leaves.

I back away from her intimidated.

(Mer) "... we better hurry. We don't know how much longer the shield will be down for."

She announces tensely before continuing our drive onwards.

I look outside the back window and my left ear twitches as I watch the fluffy angel disappear into the distance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Enemy Within   The Enemy Within - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Enemy Within
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Last Gambit :: New Prophecy :: Mosaic-
Jump to: